My name is Nicola Engel-Khan and I am an experienced counsellor based in Menston , easily accessible from Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate and the surrounding areas.. As a senior accredited and registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), I am committed to providing counselling and psychotherapy in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment in line with the BACP ethical framework.
I offer weekly counselling and psychotherapy - both short term solution focused and longer term work. As your therapist my aim is to provide you with a safe and confidential space in which to explore the difficulties and challenges you are currently experiencing in your life.
Finding the right person to talk to can be so important at difficult times. Whether your problems are recent or long term, I will work with you to help you make sense of them in the context of your life right now. I will help you to explore and work through your issues in a way that will enable you to develop insight and support the changes you want to make as well as your personal growth and development.
I work predominantly with adults offering both open-ended and short term solution focused work.
Counselling may help you if you’re....
- Suffering with stress, anxiety and/or depression
- Struggling with your relationships
- Experiencing problems in the workplace
- Battling an addiction
- Dealing with a bereavement
- Overcoming an eating disorder
- An adult survivor of sexual abuse
- Wondering if you may be neuro-diverse and feel you need support
- Dealing with redundancy
- Struggling with issues relating to adoption
- A young adult (late teens/twenties) struggling to make the transition from adolescence into adulthood
- Experiencing difficulties as a result of COVID - 19
My practice is based in Menston which is between Leeds and Bradford. I am within easy reach of Ilkley, Otley, Guiseley, Yeadon, Rawdon, Horsforth, Baildon and Shipley and accessible from Roundhay, Moortown, Alwoodley, Shadwell, Meanwood, Headingley , Oakwood, Chapel Allerton and Harrogate as well as the wider West Yorkshire and North Yorkshire regions.
There is plenty of free on street parking near my consulting room and I am also walkable from Menston train station which is accessible from Leeds and Bradford and intervening stations.